Product Review: LivBar Blueberry Vanilla Kale
Appenzeller Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces shell pasta
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower florets (chopped into 1-1 ½ inch pieces)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups grated Appenzeller cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add water and heat until boiling. Add macaroni and cauliflower and cook for 6 minutes, or until macaroni is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together milk, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk to combine. Slowly add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Continue to whisk frequently until mixture thickens and begin to boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add Appenzeller cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cheese mixture with pasta and cauliflower mixture. Transfer to greased baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges begin to bubble.