Product Review: LivBar Blueberry Vanilla Kale
Are your children asking for another run to the fast food chain down the street for some chicken nuggets again? Well now you won’t ever have to worry about them asking for nuggets again, because here’s a way healthier alternative to the famous chicken nuggets. They’re just as crispy and delicious as chicken nuggets, except made with quinoa!
- 2 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cooking spray
- 1.1 oz. white rice flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Coat a parchment paper-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and egg in another dish. Place quinoa in a third dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in quinoa.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on prepared pan. Coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes or until done, turning once.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, mustards, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Serve with nuggets.
Tips & Trick:
- Kids can help salt chicken and make dipping sauce!