Your kids will love eating their greens with this Strawberry-Chicken Salad from our friends at Cooking Light. The sweet strawberry-balsamic dressing, crumbled feta cheese, and crunchy pecans will have kids craving this seasonal spinach salad.
1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, honey, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add 1 cup strawberries, tossing to coat. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, salt, and paprika. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into slices.
3. Divide spinach, remaining 1 cup strawberries, and onion between 2 plates. Top evenly with chicken slices and strawberry-balsamic mixture. Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons pecans and 2 tablespoons cheese.
Tips & Trick:
- Get the kids involved! Let kids top their salads with the pecans and cheese to lend their personal touches.
- If raw red onions are too strong for your kids growing palates, soak them in ice water after slicing to remove some of the flavor.
The Creative Kitchen™, LLC, teaches children about food and how to cook in a fun, safe, and educational manner. Targeting families with children ages two to teen, the company focuses on teaching, writing creative content and curriculum, special events, recipe development, spokesperson work, webisode production and consulting to present educational and entertaining content through food-related activities. The founder, Cricket Azima, is an expert in cooking for and with children. She inspires kids to express themselves creatively through food and cooking, while complementing lessons with traditional educational material such as social studies, math, arts, science, and more. Visit www.thecreativekitchen.com for more information.