Grilled Le Gruyere AOP Sandwiches
For the Crepes:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- *additional butter to grease the frying pan
For the Filling:
- 3 to 4 cups assorted fresh fruit to use for the filling
- 1 container chocolate spread, fruit jam, vanilla yogurt, or other sweet spread (optional)
- 1 can whipped cream (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except butter for frying pan) in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes. This batter may also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a small amount of butter over a medium heat.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter in the hot pan. Immediately tilt the pan around in a circular motion so that the batter forms a very thin, even layer.
- Cook until the top of the crepe is set and the bottom is a golden color.
- Carefully turn the crepe over with a spatula, and cook until the second side is golden.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat until the batter is finished, stacking each crepe between a layer of wax paper.
- Wash and cut the fruit into small pieces.
- If desired, spread each crepe with a sweet spread.
- Fill each crepe with fruit and a sweet spread (optional), fold to cover the fruit, and cover with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Crepes can also be wrapped and frozen for up to a month.