Green Gummy Bear Slime*
*requires adult participation for removing hot bowl from microwave and for texting temperature of mixture prior to children handling
- 1 cup all natural gummy bears
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar + ¼ cup for adjusting texture and for hands
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring, or more if desired
- Place gummy bears and cornstarch in microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Heat for an additional 30 seconds, which should cause the mixture to bubble. If mixture is not bubbling, stir and heat an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave* and stir in food coloring. *Adult to remove, as mixture will be extremely hot.
- Leave mixture to cool (as it will be very hot), plus confectioner’s sugar will melt and make slime too sticky.
- Add 1⁄2 of confectioner’s sugar to mixture and stir with spoon to slightly thicken the slime. Add remaining confectioner’s sugar and stir to barely combine, at which point kneading the slime may begin.
- Mix in 1/8 teaspoon of food coloring. Add in additional 1/8 teaspoon, if deeper share is desired.
Gooey Ghost Slime*
*requires adult participation for removing hot bowl from microwave and testing temperature prior to children handling
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar + additional for hands
- Place marshmallows in microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 25 seconds and stir. Repeat until fully melted.
- Remove from microwave* and stir in 1 tablespoon oil and vanilla extract. *Adult to remove, as mixture will be extremely hot.
- Knead confectioner’s sugar into mixture, ¼ cup at a time.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, until mixture starts to become stretchy.
- Add remaining oil to hands and knead until mixture is combined.
To learn more about The Creative Kitchen and sign up for other cooking classes: