Grilled Le Gruyere AOP Sandwiches
- 1 onion
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 blue potatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, squash, peppers, potatoes, and eggplant, and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan (that has a lid).
- Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes (or until the vegetables are slightly tender).
- Add the rice to the pan and stir together.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and stir. When the stock starts to simmer, cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is soft.
- While the rice is cooking, remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. Add the leaves to the pan and stir together.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with cheese and eat!