Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce
3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, halved
2 tsp. melted Earth Balance® Coconut Spread Filling
1 Tbs. Earth Balance® Coconut Spread
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch kale or other leafy greens, chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup hot water
1/3 cup Earth Balance® Peanut Butter
2 Tbs. coconut aminos or tamari
2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
chopped peanuts for garnish
minced cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Rub potatoes with Earth Balance® Coconut Spread. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes, until a knife easily goes through the potatoes. Remove potatoes from oven and set aside. Leave the oven on.
3. To make the filling, melt Earth Balance® Coconut Spread in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms and garlic, cook 2 minutes longer.
4. Add kale and 1/2 cup water, cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, until kale softens; uncover and set aside.
5. To make the sauce, whisk together hot water with peanut butter, coconut aminos or tamari, lime juice and ginger to taste. Add more water, as needed, to create a sauce. Set aside.
6. Scoop the flesh out of each potato, leaving about 1/4 inch around the inside of the potato. Stir sweet potato flesh into the vegetable mixture with about half of the peanut sauce. Spoon the vegetable mixture back into the potatoes, place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes longer.
7. Serve drizzled with extra peanut sauce and topped with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
PER SERVING: 200 CAL; 7G PROTEIN; 10G TOTAL FAT
(2G SAT FAT); 24G CARB; 0MG CHOL; 352MG SODIUM;
4G FIBER; 2G SUGARS