Looking for a great idea for your next holiday party? Host a cookie exchange! You and your guests will sample a tasty assortment of holiday treats. These simple and fun holiday cookie recipes for Peanut Butter Blossoms + Chocolate Snowball Cookies are perfect to make with your kids and will be enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages!
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons sugar
36 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Store cookies in tightly covered container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Tips & Tricks:
Peanut Butter Blossoms can be made with any type of kisses or candies! Get your kids helping in the kitchen by allowing them to help decorate these yummy cookies with their favorite treats.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract
60 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour, cocoa, almonds and extract until soft dough forms
- Shape dough into sixty 3/4-inch balls; wrap each around 1 milk chocolate candy. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Roll cookies in powered sugar. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Re-roll cookies in powdered sugar. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
For more tips and a video how-to by Cricket Azima, view the video below.
The Creative Kitchen™, LLC, teaches children about food and how to cook in a fun, safe, and educational manner. Targeting families with children ages two to teen, the company focuses on teaching, writing creative content and curriculum, special events, recipe development, spokesperson work, webisode production and consulting to present educational and entertaining content through food-related activities. The founder, Cricket Azima, is an expert in cooking for and with children. She inspires kids to express themselves creatively through food and cooking, while complementing lessons with traditional educational material such as social studies, math, arts, science, and more. Visit www.thecreativekitchen.com for more information.