Product Review: LivBar Blueberry Vanilla Kale
Prepping for the next Kids Food Festival is in full swing! So this month, we’re sharing Cricket’s signature Kids Food Festival Fresh, Flavorful + Fun Salsa! This colorful concoction shakes up boring salsa recipes by adding kid-friendly fresh fruit. Join Cricket at the Kids Food Festival this February 28th + March 1st at New York City’s Bryant Park to make this recipe with her!
1 seedless cucumber
2 different colored bell peppers
1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans
1 8-ounce can corn
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
olive oil, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
chips (baked chips for a healthier option)
- Dice tomatoes, strawberries, mango, kiwifruit, cucumber, and peppers and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add beans and corn to the bowl and stir together.
- Tear or chop cilantro leaves and add to the bowl.
- Dress salsa with lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Mix well and eat with chips!
Tips & Tricks:
- Dice the ingredients small, so you can challenge your children to fit as many colors as they can into one bite!
- Kids can help cut fruits and vegetables with a kid-friendly safety knife.
- Even the youngest helpers can wash the produce and tear the fresh herbs.
- Give them options! Ask kids to pick three favorite fruits instead of the fruits listed above; have the family choose between cilantro and mint.
The Creative Kitchen™, LLC, teaches children about food and how to cook in a fun, safe, and educational manner. Targeting families with children ages two to teen, the company focuses on teaching, writing creative content and curriculum, special events, recipe development, spokesperson work, webisode production and consulting to present educational and entertaining content through food-related activities. The founder, Cricket Azima, is an expert in cooking for and with children. She inspires kids to express themselves creatively through food and cooking, while complementing lessons with traditional educational material such as social studies, math, arts, science, and more. Visit www.thecreativekitchen.com for more information.