Product Review: LivBar Blueberry Vanilla Kale
Summer Squash Emmentaler
- 5 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large yellow squash, finely diced
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup pesto, jarred or homemade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 baguette slices, diagonally sliced into 1⁄4 inch pieces
- 6-oz. Emmentaler, thinly sliced to match size of baguette pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, warm 3 Tbs olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add squash and zucchini to skillet and cook for additional 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are slightly tender. Turn off heat and stir in pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- On large baking sheet, evenly arrange baguette slices. Brush tops of slices with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until slices begin to look golden. Remove from oven. Evenly spoon pesto mixture over baguette slices. Evenly distribute sliced Emmentaler on top of each crostini.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.