To inquire about bringing The Creative Kitchen’s cooking classes and events to your school or venue, email email@example.com!
Kids Cooking Classes
Cricket Azima and The Creative Kitchen began hosting cooking classes for children ages 2 and up throughout NYC in 1999.
- Classes range from 45 minutes to 2 hours in length, and teach more than just how to make a recipe.
- The Creative Kitchen classes keep little chef’s hands and minds engaged during the entire duration of each session.
- The content of each class and the way in which the recipe is taught is tailored in an age-appropriate fashion.
- Toddler classes focus on colors, shapes, counting, and basic food groups.
- Elementary-aged classes focus on how and where foods grow, math and science concepts related to food, as well as reading, writing, social studies, geography, and other such subjects that can be tied to the ingredients.
- Children make their own individual portion of a recipe, which they get to enjoy at the end of class.
- Dishes are typically fruit, vegetable, and whole grain-based.
- Recipes are shared with the whole family via printouts are cookbooklets.
- The Creative Kitchen also offers classes with adaptations for various physical and developmental abilities.
Sample partners and venues
- After-school elementary programs
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Whole Foods Market
- Children’s recreational venues, such as City Treehouse, Citibabes, etc.
- Summer camps
- Community Centers including Manhattan Downtown Youth and Mosholu-Montefiore
- Non-profit organizations including:
- American Heart Association
- Girl Scouts of America
- NFL Play 60
- The James Beard Foundation
- Chefs for Humanity
- …and many others
Kids Cooking and Food-Related Stations
Cooking Stations are a great addition to any kids birthday party, family event, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, or otherwise
- Cupcake Decorating Station: Children decorate cookies and cupcakes (number of cupcakes TBD by host); individual boxes may be provided for guest to take what they’ve made home (boxes may also be decorated thematically)
- Cookie Decorating Station: Children decorate cookies and cupcakes (number of cookies TBD by host); individual boxes may be provided for guest to take what they’ve made home (boxes may also be decorated thematically)
- Paint-Your-Own Tea Set Station
- Chef Hat and Apron Decorating Station
- Candy Sushi-Making Station
- Fruit and Vegetable Sushi-Making Station
- Make-Your-Own Cocktail Station
- Make-Your-Own Pizza Station: Children create their own pizza, which they take home to bake-off…and more! We love to get creative! Let us know your event’s theme and we’re happy to customize activations!
Corporate, Retail, and Media Events
- Holiday-themed kids cooking and kitchen craft stations
- Premier family-oriented client productions for corporations
- Healthful cooking demonstrations
- Interactive presentations on cooking
- Food-based team building exercises
- Recruitment events for companies
- Take Your Child to Work Day
- Family Day
- Themed food and/or cooking activities at family-friendly movie promotions
- Themed food and/or cooking activities for editor’s events
- Seasonal food crafts, including Pumpkin Decorating, Ornament Making, and more!
- Activate family-friendly zone (from soup to nuts)
- Custom cooking activities, on behalf of overall festivals or brands within